Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturaday Tourney Report

Another day at trilogy. I was terribly tired this morning and it was still snowing outside. When I arrived at trilogy, only 5 people were there. As it approached 11:30, the tournament started to grow. It finally ended up with around 20-25 people. Not bad for a crappy day outside. I played my necro gardna control.

Match 1
Curtis- ChargeSabers
Game 1
Figured he ran Xsabers when he played Guardestrike. He was playing my build of Xsabers, dammit. It started off slow, till he suddenly exploded. I tried to stall with gardnas, but he had such a big field presence.
Game 2
Sided and was off to a great start. Drew basically all my sides first turn. He milled and milled, but I double soul released. Eventually, I just zombie swarmed for game.
Game 3
Ahh drew so bad. All spells and 1 Caius. Apparently he didn't draw so well either. Eventually we both had a fair amount of field presence, but he dropped his Faultroll and started the combo, I scooped.
0-1
Not such a great start to the day

Match 2
Some Guy- Psychics
Game 1
I didn't even get to see his deck because I opened so godly. I swarmed with so many monsters and gamed it 2nd turn.
Game 2
I started off slow, but the guy overextended. Realizing the possible scrub in front of me, I didn't make big pushes until I got my heavy. But that got boring and decided to go for it and he had no answers. Turns out the set cards were some normal spell cards.
1-1

Match 3
Cody- Light Zombies
Game 1
Slow game. It was so ridiculously slow, that we finished this round when everyone finished their 2nd games. Really back and forth, I eventually just poked him to death.
Game 2
After realizing how slow the last game was, we decided not to side. He drew his searchers and creature swaps a lot faster than I did. And he used his Malevolent Mech to win this round.
Game 3
Very fast game oddly. Being afraid of his oppression wasn't my strong point. When I realized it wasn't, I swarmed for game.
2-1

Match 4
Curtis again -Sabersworn (I like using different names)
Round 1
I started with my usual Armaknight Caius combo. It turned out to be game winning. I also dropped DAD to finish the job.
Round 2
I was losing and only had 1000 LP left. I thought it was over, but drew. It turned out to be DAD. Epic stuff. Had 3 darks after I synchroed for Brionac. Dropped DAD and bounced monsters for game.
3-1

Match 5
James- Noleras
Game 1
He pulls off the puddle and Noleras combo early on. I had a good hand, but it was better in the graveyard. He didn't summon after he had used the combo and I saw my chance to explode. I swarmed and he couldn't do anything.
Game 2
He tries to pull off the combo, but my books stops that from happening. He tries to stall, but he eventually ran out of resources.
4-1

Top 8
Vincent- Blackwings (He is undefeated *gasp*)
Round 1
Apparently he draws very bad, reading his face wasn't hard. Played aggressively so that he couldn't pull off his swarm. I used Caius a lot to get rid of potential threats.
Round 2
Sides helped a lot. Drew my Sirrocos which baited out many of his Icaruses. When I removed his Armor Master with Caius, the game soon turned in my direction.

Top 4
Gerald- Chaos
Round 1
Scooped very fast. Drew all spells and Caius. I pretty much stalled for the enviable.
Round 2
He kept D-Prisioning me. Also lost many of my searchers to DD Warrior Lady. Game ended close though. He did win.

All in all, this turned out to be a great day. Got in top 4 and technically 3rd since Gerald won the Tourney. Got my 15 dollar store credit which I bought some much needed sleeves. Got some trades off and play tested my now completed Pegasus League deck. Hope I get this luck tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Good shit man
    Good luck tommorow

    though I do want to run zombies so it might be a good idea to start looking for some mezukis

    I'll help you out on getting them
    Burials might be easier to get

    ReplyDelete