Monday, November 16, 2009

Past, Present and Future Deck Ideas

Well there is a bunch of decks I have been eagerly awaiting to try out. Beginning with my newly made Charge Sabers or Sworn Sabers.

The deck is very aggressive, and there isn't any other way to play it.
Play testing this beast of a deck was fantastic.
My hand can go from terrible to fantastic from just one Charge or Recharge.
The only problem I have encountered is Catastor, but Ryko often gets rid of it.

I also have my newly made Necro Gardna Control deck.
This deck, unlike the Charge Sabers, is very control. This definitely has the late game in mind.
I have yet to fully grasp how to effectively use this deck.
The deck does start of slow, but it can explode in any instant and return back to its control with no loss in advantage.

I also have a flamvellsworn in the works. There is a lot of debate between me and my teammates of how we should build it. There is the Charge/Recharge/Lyla/Ryko build or the full lightsworn build w/ some added flamvells.
Both have their pros and cons

Charge/Recharge/Lyla/Ryko build
Might have a more consistency to it
though it also might mill rekindling which defeats the whole purpose of the deck
thus another engine could be added i.e. Sarcos

Full Lightsworn build
Very fast paced
If you mill rekindling than their is always the other win condition
Though their is a big chance of deck out and it's significantly more expensive to get JDs.

I also have my Gladwingz
They ran pretty well, consistency of the deck was a lot better than I was expecting.
Teched cards like swallows nest actually won games.
Though the overall deck just had something missing. It was missing that one card that could make this deck explosive and top tier.
The closest I have gotten was the addition of swallows nest.
I have long since taken the deck apart, but when a card comes to mind that would make this deck broken, of course I am going to rebuild it (hmmm Dark Simorgh).

I have also made a perfect circle deck, which top a couple locals at the beginning of the format.
I have long since taken that apart because of the lack of speed associated with it. It fails to achieve the necessary speed to compete with Blackwings, Lightsworn and Zombies. The control aspect of the deck is amazing. The point where it is at fault is the tribute fodder and keeping them alive. With the speed of the other decks, most tribute fodder just become food for the other decks to feed off of. Like treeborn which instantly gives blackwings pluses when shura is on the field. Though once this deck gets you into a Raiza/Pwwb lock, it is as good as over.

Then we have my old favorite, empty jar.
This was probably the most fun deck I had ever played. The game outcome was literally dependent on how my hand was and if I were to go first or second. The relative speed of the deck was as fast you could get. I even brought it to a regionals. Though the outcome wasn't so good. (Arggg how I hate cold wave).

Now my first deck, Zombie World Zombies.
I love this deck. The swarming ability of it was outrageous. But the deck was still so vulnerable to things like bottomless or torrential. When I played this deck, I always played greedy. And my opponent would either torrential my last summon or I run into mirror force. This deck does bring me memories though. Bad and good.

It is time for my current deck. Synchro Cat Control/ Arcanite Beat.
This was a transformation of my old synchro cat (before dsf banlist) into the new meta. The limiting of both Rescue cat and summoner monk hurt this deck type. So I had to adjust my deck accordingly. Instead my old OTK deck, I have reverted back into my old control variant (before I owned any DSFs). Teching cards like creature swaps was a true stroke of genius. I would like to thank the person who came up with that concept on destroying opponents backrow with arcanite and then swaping your arcanite for their monster.
My variant can handle it's own against many of the top tier decks, though I seem to have trouble with the tier 3 and lower decks. Probably because my side is meant for the meta.
I have also had some troubles with the consistency, but with the audition of another Gold Sarco and a teched kycoo, the deck is starting to stabilize again.

Well their is a rundown of my decks that I have and will make. Though their are a ton more I also want to try like Tragoinsects, Fish Otk, Batteryman Otk, Six Samurai, Rescue Moja, Zombie sworn, Necroface Control, and a super duper lawls deck I have been developing, which works pretty well. I will start writing articles later, this was just some info on the decks I have made. See ya next time

-I ♥ Rescue Cat





No comments:

Post a Comment