Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Tourney Report

Well started the day off kinda tired, partied the day before well past midnight. Came into the store seeing no one around. Did some minor trading for some sleeves (which are the best ever, love you player's choice sleeves). Eventually after not being able to wait for Victor and Albert anymore, we started. As we started, 4 guys came in, than Victor and Albert. They all entered the tournament. Than 2 more came in after that. Thus we went from a 7 people tourney to a 15 people massacre.

Match 1
John- Blackwings
Game 1
Went by fast. He misplays and doesn't heavy first turn. I take advantage and bottomless his Sirroco. Through a series of plays, I bring out enough monsters to finish him off soon.
(Thought it was an easy win, I just made an assumption, a bad one too. It goes down hill from here)
Game 2
Misplayed so hardcore. I Lightning Vortex his field. Putting 3 darks into grave. Later he drops Dad. Game followed. Sides did nothing
Game 3
Wow I misplayed again! I finally draw my side, a Sirroco. Woo. I read Icarus. I summoned Sirroco and pumped it (his field was Armed Wing, Bora, Gale, Whirlwind and obviously Icarus) I was gonna attack, but I got greedy. I summoned my gale. He Icarus them both. *facepalm* He than later drops Dad. Lost again
0-1

Match 2
Skyler- Volcanic
Match 1
He annoys me with some minuscule burning. I finish the match off quickly (can you tell I was pissed because of the last match?)
Match 2
He stalls for awhile, but leaves himself open a lot. I poke him between stalls for game.
1-1

Match 3
Dylan - Vayu Turbo (ish)
Match 1
Game 1
He dumps a lot of monster with grepher. It got way out of hand and finally he swarms me and I had no response.
Game 2
Another stupid misplay. I wasn't losing by much. He was at 4500 and I was at 3000. I had a gardna in the grave. He attacks with shura and I let it threw. *facepalm* He drops Kalut.
1-2
Another freaking misplay to Blackwings. Twice in a day.

Match 4
Jeff- Dimensional Chaos
Game 1
I kept removing his monsters with Caius. He had no reponses and soon loses.
Game 2
Tough game, he had a lot of answers. Though small pokes was what help me win. He had Dad in hand too. Don't want to lose to that bastard again.
2-2

Top 8
Woo made tiebreakers
Albert- Gaia Plate Stun
Game 1
Such a long and close game. Back and forth the game went. He had answer and so did I. I had him at 300 and I was at 1400. He creature swaps my creature. And attacks me with psychic commander for game.
Game 2
We decided not to side. Again a very back and forth game. But I poke him a lot. Leaving a far distance in life points between the both of us. He soon started drawing into his spells and traps. I followed up with poking and game followed.
Game 3
Much like game 2, I poked him excessively. Though he misplays and forgets to tribute his grand mole for a guardian when I mirror force. Though I don't think it was gonna change the outcome of the game. I just beat the 4-0 deck today, but I feel bad for him, so I hugged him a lot.

Top 4
Simon- Zombiesworn w/ Diva
Game 1
So fast, I really can't remember what happened. He finished me off quickly though.
Game 2
Misplayed and summon Kycoo, in which he torrentials. His turn he summons Dad and Kycoo. I only had one gardna. It couldn't save me.

Battle for 3rd Place
(That Guy) Gigavise
Game 1
Quickly beat him with some slow swarming (Props to those who get that)
Game 2
Wow, he pull of the super combo. Swarmed so fast. He misplays and doesn't bounce my back row with Brionac and runs into my mirror force. Next turn he does the combo again. But attacks into my reaper, yay reaper. I brain control his Brutdrago summon gale and halve his gigaplant. Bounce a lot of stuff and attack with brionac, than bounce his Brutdrago. Since he used up all of his resources before,he is left with nothing and he scoops.

The tourney was over and I go up and grab my turbo pack, to my surprise I pull nothing (actually not very surprising). Fellow teammate, Victor, pulls super Garoth for finishing in first by borrowing my Gold Sarcs. Steve later stops by and joins the fun and of course, we head to our favorite spot, Taco Bell. We talk and talk. We talk about the most randomist things, but it wasn't boring at all. All in all, it was a great day. Made top surprisingly, found out my side decking skills suck. Got new sleeves and hung out with friends.



1 comment:

  1. Ouch. tough luck against those Blackwings Jimmy. Next time, you'll get them and wreck face man.

    Thanks for the Sarcs though. They really did help.

    ReplyDelete