Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturaday Tourney Report

Started the day off pretty good with some few hiccups along the way like Shahid didn't show up to come with me to Trilogy. So I had to leave (which was around 10:30). It took me an hour to get there and I barely made the tourney, but I did. I ran Synchro Cat

Match 1 Mike (Beat Down)
Game 1
I win dice roll, set trap dustshoot, mirror and tomato. His turn I activated trap dustshoot to rid him of his only not tribute monster. He ended and it went down hill for him from there.
Game 2
I was able to grab is Kycoo with brain control and summoned rescue cat, he lost his hand. Game soon followed.
1-0

Match 2 Cody (light zombies)
Game 1
He wins dice roll
A fairly back and forth type of game. I kept topdecking godly, but my luck soon ran out, when he lightning vortexed.
Game 2
I sided and I drew all of them. It was a very depressing moment. Soon though I had advantage, when I topped a heavy storm and proceed to drop DAD, but he lightning vortexed again for game.
1-1

Match 3 Albert (macro)
Game 1
He wins dice roll and starts to set his back field with and activates D Fissure. I soon heavy and got my chance to activate my rescue cat effect. Eventually he was down to 400. He was left to top decking. He found a way out of my swarm of monsters. And he started to slowly poke me. Than he got greedy, he bounced my Airbellum with grand mole and summon reaper. I activate wobuku. Thus I proceed to win.
Game 2
Sided Imperial Iron Walls. Didnt see any during the match. I first turn sacroed for a Heavy. When I was able to use it, he Dark Bribed. I drew another sarco and used it to find trunade. I soon gamed it.
2-1

Match 4 Matt (dark world)
I won dice roll
Game 1
He had answers to all my plays, I later scooped when he had 3 Golds.
Game 2
I had oppression out and was able to stop him dead in his tracks. I than was able to trunade my oppression and get out Flamvell Uruguqizas and kept piercing for game.

Game 3
Oppressions came late, but I had him wasting his resources when I Sacroed for Dad. Though he soon misplays and torrentials my field. Leaving me with 3 darks. I play Dad and he scoops.
3-1

Top 8
Me vs Samson (zombiesworn)\
He won dice roll
Game 1
Absolutely brutal, he swarmed me way faster than I expected and soon lost to a field of Zombie Master, Stardust, Revived King and a Lyla.
Game 2
Drew horrible, hand full of spells, but than came summoner monk. I quickly started synchroing before he could beat me to it, set my imperial iron wall and mirror force. He than started his massive swarming, but it failed due to imperial iron wall, he scoops next turn when I heavy.
Game 3
He knew the rhythm that this duel was gonna be in. Thus he started with massive swarming and soon had a massive field presence. My only out that turn was Lightning vortex, he solemned it and I began to scoop.

All in all it wasn't a bad day. I didn't get turbo packs though. But I did get store credit. Bought some sleeves that I needed.

Not much trading went on either except I traded for a lyla and got a salvo for free.
I am on the look out for a Dark Simorgh. Such a good tech to my gladwings deck.

2 comments:

  1. Another Lyla man? Nice.

    And good job Top 8ing at Trilogy.

    We need to have a practice match with our Cat decks man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you didn't have wushu tomorrow than we could playtest more

    ReplyDelete