Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Tourney Report

Another good day for Yugioh. I started off the day by arriving at Myth games way to early. Oh well. As the time past, more people started to come and new faces appeared. When Steve showed up, I quickly asked for his burials. I wanted to play my necro gardna control. I had everything, besides 2 mezuki. Though Jason was nice enough to lend me one, thus I replace the other missing mezuki with a D.D. crow. Albert and Victor couldn't make it today due to their Wushu. Oh well, 2 less decks to beat.

*Note: I don't remember all the players names, so when I do I will edit this for accuracy.

Match 1
(Forgot name) Dimensional chaos
Game 1
I won dice roll
D.D. Warrior Lady kept on removing my monsters, dang it. He than over extends and bring out dimensional alchemist and chaos sorcerer, but I torrential. Leaving me with an open field for game.
Game 2
Wow this was so B.S. I had him at 400 and I was at 1400. He tops lightning vortex. I scoop. This is like the 4th match in 2 days, that I got lightning vortex for game.
Game 3
He overextends which leads me to a quick finish.
1-0

Match 2
(Name Here, I want to say Dillon) Blackwings
He wins dice roll
Game 1
Very back and forth. But he misplays which leaves me open to a crucial poke (I discarded his Gorz with my Reaper of the nightmare).
He does get greedy and decides to summon another Sirroco which I answered with Torrential. I get my chance to swarm the field and I gamed it the turn after he got torrential
Game 2
Wow I hate blizzard. He had answers most of my plays. And always ended up using blizzard. Eventually he dropped DaD and I scooped.
Game 3
Long game. He Sirrocos a lot and gains a lot of pluses. I soon find myself with 1 Colossal Fighter, 1 stardust and Revived King Ha Des on my side. He shura with double whirlwind. He brings out Gale and Bora. He misplays and halves colossal. He decides to attack stardust and I negate with Necro. He than attacks my colossal with shura. He proceeds to Synchro into Goyo. And he also synchros into Gaia knight. I attack Goyo than his Gaia and Stardust and Revived King finish him off. Funny moment of the game was someone calling me a dark signer, I didn't fully realize till the next match.
2-0

Match 3
Steve (you bastard xD) Blackwings
He wins dice roll
Game 1
Stalled for a long time with necro gardnas. But I could only stall for so long. He eventually did game it.
Game 2
He draws all his sides. All of them. I draw none. You get the point. Kycoo is my worst enemy. I manage to kill one, but he summons another. I facepalm.
2-1

Match 4
(Again I don't know his name, but not "Dillon") Blackwings
Game 1
He over extends and walks into my mirror force. He had no outs so I gamed it.
Game 2
Again he over extends and I lightning vortex. Game soon followed
3-1

Top 4
Me vs (Dillon?) Blackwings
Game 1
I set my morphing jar. He didn't attack. So I flip and he ended drawing all his spell and traps. I slowly poke him to death.
Game 2
I wasn't that low on life, but than he Siroccos with double whirlwind and proceeds to double special summon bora and pump and drops 1 kalut into my defense position mezuki. I had no back row.
Game 3
Wow this game was amusing to say the least. He proceeds to Sirocco and summons bora and end turns. I brain control his Sirroco and begin to special summon gale. I pump Sirroco and attack his bora (I misplayed and didn't halve his bora). I synchro into Colossal and summon Armageddon knight and pitch necro gardna. He doesn't get his outs and I win.

Top 2
Me vs (umm someone else I don't know) GigaVise
Game 1
He has few monsters and has a hand full of supervise. So I game it quickly.
Game 2
He has a chance to beat me, but I MST his D.D.R. Leaving him only one Gigaplant on the field. I soon Synchro into Revived King and attack over for 50 and attack directly with goblin zombie for game.

So I win the tourney. Not bad, certainly with a deck that only had one mezuki. I got a super samnite in my 2 packs and witness 2 other people pull doomcalibur knights. Sad moment, but at least I got a super.

And some of you might have been wondering what happened to Steve. Well he got into Top 4 with a 4-0 record, but he lost his match to Gigavise. Gigavise deck topped a brain control for a 2nd game win and during the 3rd game, the Gigavise deck was low on life, but managed to swarm the field to win that turn. Thank Goodness he didn't do that to me. Also Steve pulled junk from his turbo pack (Only top 4 player that didn't pull a super or higher).

We later went to a nearby Taco bell. Marlon showed up and lent me the final Mezuki I needed. I play tested my deck against Steve again. Wow did it ever make a difference. Needless to say, I won the majority of our playtesting. We also tried to build Kevin Slapnik's version of DHZ. Between me, Marlon and Steve, we had no clue how this deck works.

All in all, it was a great day. I got an ultimate black rose, some jank for more jank. Also a super samnite. Kinda bummed that I didn't get one of those doomcaliburs. Though it was good to see Steve pull nothing (that's for being cocky Steve).

My decklist will be posted up eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Can't let myself get too relaxed against any deck. I mean that Gigavise swarm was out of nowhere. Also luck was not on my side. I managed to pick out Supervis twice when he used powertool's effect.

    While I did pull complete jank I did manage some awesome trades.

    Also Congrats

    ReplyDelete